To Streamline Your Business, Remember to Simplify and Eliminate.Consider all the hours you’ve spent over the years just waiting in line. Do you remember the frustration you felt as you wished you could take the time back? Now think of all the man hours you spend each week as you manage your business, and how good it would feel if there was a way to gain some of it back again. That’s exactly what streamlining your company allows you to do!
Streamlining in My Business
According to BusinessDictionary.com, to streamline is “To improve the efficiency of a process, business or organization by simplifying or eliminating unnecessary steps, using modernizing techniques, or taking other approaches.” The key words to pay attention to are “simplifying” and “eliminating”. To save yourself valuable man hours and money, look for activities that consume large amounts of time but provide little benefit for your team.
- Problem: You’re spending way too much time filling out reports and paperwork.
- Solution: Take a day and hunt down any redundant reporting or paperwork your company doesn’t benefit from.
- Problem: You’re constantly answering the same question for different employees.
- Solution: Create an online information resource for your team, or schedule an informative Q&A with your team.
How Can I Improve My Workflow?
One of the most dangerous sentences you can hear in business is “That’s just the way we do things.” The first steps of streamlining company workflow is understanding why your company does things the way it does, then reexamining each process for ways to improve. You’ll have to ask yourself some important questions.
- Does this way of doing things create more or less work for my team?
- Is this process still viable now that my business has grown?
- Can this system be easily taught to someone else so that I can do other things, or will it always demand time from me?
- Is this a long term way of doing business?
Streamlining can be very difficult for businesses that have developed longstanding habits and have a hard time developing a broader perspective. One great way to break through this stalemate is to hire a reliable third party business consultant.
Partnering With a Trusted Business Consultant
If your business needs a reliable, knowledgeable business consultant to assist you with your structure planning or strategic management, our team at R Moon Consulting would be happy to help! You can talk with one of our enterprise experts at (888) 342-6167.